We are always keen to welcome new members. Here are just a few reasons why you should join the Arts Society Pantiles:
- We are a very friendly group, smaller than others in the area which has the great benefit of allowing everyone the opportunity to meet, chat and make new friends either before the meeting or afterwards, over a cup of coffee.
- Our lectures are invariably interesting, always good, very often superb. We attract the best lecturers on the schedule who are always keen to come to our group, not just once but often with repeat bookings.
- Lectures cover a very wide range of topics; fine artists and sculptors; glass; jewellery; tribal carpets; garden designers; Dickens; poets of WWI. Our Programme Secretary, Joanna Lowe, goes to the lecturers’ ‘talent show’ each year where they give a short presentation of their lecturing style and content. She selects both excellent lecturers and interesting topics. Whatever your interest there is bound to be a lecture where you will learn something new. And we welcome suggestions if you have any particular passions.
- Outings with the group are not to be missed. Kay Cox, our outings organiser, puts an enormous amount of effort into researching and booking outings. She has been able, through her contacts and those of other members of the Society, to arrange for us to visit places which are often not open to the general public. Everything is arranged for the maximum enjoyment of everyone on the outing; new, comfortable coaches; accommodating drivers; coffee breaks en route; enjoyable meals and hassle free entry to wherever we are going, all included in the price of the outing. They are a highlight of the Pantiles Society.
- We enjoy welcoming new members with a special evening where you can meet each other and members of the committee. Once a year we also have a wonderful garden party. For the last few years and again in 2018, the party will be in the beautiful garden belonging to Graham and Pauline Archer. It is an unmissable date for most of our members.
- We would love new members of all ages but especially encourage younger people. There is plenty for you to enjoy and to learn and the Arts Society Pantiles offers you a special welcome.
- We are an inclusive society where everyone is encouraged to participate and make the most of their membership.
- We meet at 7.30 p.m. in the Jubilee Theatre, Holmewood School, Langton Green on the fourth Thursday of each month with the exception of July, August and December.
- Our evening meeting time allows members still working to attend lectures.
- Our current annual membership subscription is £45. Visitors pay £7.
- If you would like to join or to find out more please contact our secretary:
Mrs Jane Langrish – 01892 535385